Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oh, Yeah, And I Tat

In case anyone was interested in seeing a gen-u-ine tatted item, here is a bookmark for your viewing pleasure!




It has been tatted (erm, tatting is making lace out of a series of knots, formed with either a needle or a shuttle) out of sewing thread. That means this cross is about 3 1/2" from the top (just above the picture) to the end of the tassel (off the bottom of the picture). I would measure it, but I gave it to a friend of mine.

So now you know what tatting is, if you didn't before! It doesn't mean I make marks on skin with ink... although I can do that, too. On rabbit ears, though, not people skin.

I kept it near my favorite Scripture passage for several years. Anyone want to guess what Scripture it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)