Monday, February 7, 2011

A Few Good Songs

 No one said I couldn't use this spot for advertising. But I only advertise good causes!

Come Thou Fount

Star of the County Down

Suite 16 (Rosie's Own Music)

These are done by a for-charity music group in SW Washington called Rosie and the Posers. They're a bunch of young and young-at-heart people, and all of their concerts are held to benefit local charities. I went to one of the concerts, and I'm hooked now.

You all should buy their CD, "Harrumphing Toward Euphoria." It's only $10, and I think you'll like it. This from a girl who hates, loathes, and despises listening to CDs. "Walkin' Pneumonia Blues" is great, and so is "Falling Upwards." Their genre is... You tell them! There's a blues song, Irish-inspired tunes, some Latin-flavored stuff in there... It's great.

They're primarily on facebook, so at the very least, go "like" them and see what they're about. HERE can be found their blog.



And, no, Sir Dale (the leader of the group) didn't pay me to write this. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)