Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: Projects

As I was sitting here eating leftovers from Dad's restaurant dinner (yes, for breakfast) and wondering who General Tso was and why we are eating his chicken, it occurred to me that it is Thursday! Ack! What to write about? ... Me + Lists = Fail ... Me + Lists + Needing list on certain day = Fail^4736

But I came up with something. Lots of people have "bucket lists" of what they wish to do before they "kick the bucket."

Cora-style bucket list: Before I kick the bucket, I would like to make:

1. A pair of socks, knitted or nalbinded (nalbound? nalbindinged? Whatever. Past tense of nalbinding). I have never made a sock, have tried a bazillion times, and I officially *HATE* using double point needles and knitting in a round. Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things... So probably nalbinding.

2. Star Wars Rebel Jumpsuit. I have the fabric and pattern. All that's left is courage.

3. LOTR-style Elvish dress. Again, have the fabric and pattern. It will be out of a velvet fabric with autumn leaves, accented by long sleeves in a brown velvet.

4. Wool cloak. I've made them out of satin, but not wool. May have enough fabric.

5. THIS dress. Wow. Btw, GOOD movie. I'm not one for movies, but look up Pendragon: Sword of His Father. Soon I'll do a review on it (at least, that is the plan).

6. A set of hand-embroidered handkerchiefs for heirlooms.

7. Susan's green dress from The Chronicles of Narnia. I hate the movies/books/CSLewisInGeneral, but the dress is to die for.

8. Civil War era dress with hoop skirt. Oh, yeah.

9. A better corset. Mine is good, but I want a better one.

10. Weave another basket. A better one. Mine is pitiful.

11. Carve something fabulous, instead of just making hazelnut shells into miniature plates/bowls.

12. Make a huge piece of felt and make a tunic out of it. I may have enough wool for that.

13. Make costumes for a movie. Someday... Ah, someday... :)

For more Thursday Thirteen, go HERE!

7 comments:

  1. Can I have the elvish dress when you're done with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to have clothes like this in my own closet

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, so I totally didnt know you dont like the chronicles of narnia..... why not??? and, btw, the elvish dress and susans dress are pretty darn amazing =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer -

    First and foremost, I dislike allegories with a burning passion. Not exactly sure why, but I do. I didn't like the writing style, the story was dull, the characters were dull... And the list goes on.

    ~Cora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like some good goals. I hope you achieve them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun!! I would like to learn how to sew and knit.. one of these days! :) Sooner than later hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~ gasp ~ don't like CS Lewis? Have you tried some of his nonfiction?

    *watching warily and wondering if you may not be a missing Bananalet, after all*

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)