Thursday, January 6, 2011

Godless

I was speaking with a friend of mine a long while ago (years?). I think it was around Thanksgiving. Yes, it must have been, because I asked what T was particularly thankful for, given that it was the season that Americans traditionally think of thankfulness. She replied that she was not thankful. For anything. Naturally, I was surprised. "Nothing at all?"

"Yes, nothing at all," T responded. "Most people are thankful for health, general life happiness, or even life at all. I see those as personal rights that belong to me and not something to be thankful for. Nor is there anyone or anything to be grateful to. I simply am until I am no more. Anyone who thinks other than that is silly."

This gave me a profound insight into a human soul as I think it over these recent days (being absent from my blog, this is the main subject I've been pondering, along with a few other things). They say people have a God-sized hole in their lives that only He can fill. I think what I observe from my friend's conversation is that this is what it looks like when that life-void is embraced. "Life is nothing. Death is nothing. Live it up."

This insight also led me to a new understanding of how grateful I should be! My life is borrowed from YHVH/God. Everything in it was given to me for His good pleasure. Truly, I am a blessed daughter of Zion.

If the Lord so burdens you, please pray for T. She is a sweet lady, and I would love for her to know the Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)