Saturday, January 8, 2011

Who Are You?

Have you ever been driving your car, riding a bus, or walking around a grocery store and wondered about the other people you come across? Have you ever caught a glimpse of a face and wondered, "Where is that person going, both in the immediate travel and in their life? Are they happy?" Sometimes I do. Sometimes I wonder if I'm losing a good friend by not speaking to them.

Where I work (as a salesman and cashier at a store), I'm required to talk to people. But instead of assisting them in the most plain-vanilla way I can ("Hi - how can I help you? That's found over here, blah blah blah..."), I make them part of my life for however many moments they're in contact with me. My goal is to lighten the mood of at least half of the people I come across. I can't help it now. I just crack up with my goofy smile as soon as I walk up to people, and somehow that smile always makes them smile, too.

It's fun. YHVH has blessed me tremendously with this job. I've met new friends in customers just by being a warm and bubbly person. I may not know their names, but I know their faces, the sound of their laughter, and the joy of knowing I made just a little difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)