Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Well, I'm Back"

So Rosemary and Cora Beth both demanded asked that I return to the blogosphere.

Maybe it would be fitting to write an "In 2011, I plan to..." list. Even though I deny the idea that it is 2011. I just got used to writing 2010 instead of 2009. New Year's Grinch - That's me!

So in this year, which I still call 2010, I plan to...

1. Help my neighbor in her quest to learn how to tan animal furs. She has contacts from which to get the chemicals (we looked in to doing 100% at-home DIY stuff with the corn flakes and battery acid, and that was going to be way too much work; who said wagon train women couldn't be just a little lazy?). Yes, as everyone off the 'nets asks, and I'm sure you're about to, I do mean real honest-to-goodness rabbit furs.
2. Practice making bread and maybe *gasp* become proficient at it.
3. Make myself a more valuable asset at my work.
4. Practice being humble and submissive. I tend to have a bit of a stubborn streak.
5. Finish that nasty evil wretched wonderful quilt I started for the Cowboy. Only 296 more dumb simple and easy pieces of evil strong and manly denim to cut out. *sigh* Anyone have any spare jeans? I'll need them... Has anyone mentioned that Cora hates quilting? She does. Cutting stuff up to sew into a blanket with tons of waste in seam allowances? Unthinkable! Yet here she is...

And the one that I know I will HAVE to do:
6. Learn patience. This summer will be very difficult for me unless I can learn to fully rely on the Lord. But He's been giving me reason upon reason to trust Him in this venture. I know the Cowboy and I will learn much and come out better in the end, so part of me is excited, but the other part is dreading when the Cowboy leaves.

I'm sorry for abandoning you guys. I've missed you a lot.
~Cora

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! You're back. :) Thank you for taking some time to update us on your newest projects, hopes and dreams.

    I'll pray for you as you quilt! I'm STILL working on my first quilt and definitely have not been bit by the quilting bug yet...

    I'll pray for you, for peace and patience and cooperative rabbit furs and for strength, as it sounds like the Cowboy is going away someplace?

    Thanks again for writing. We've missed you too.

    Sleep well~
    Cora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like some good goals to me! Right now my impromptu and free-floating goals are to read more, work more (I'm surprisingly lazy!), and trust in the Lord more. I'm glad to read a post from you again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, I only just noticed you were back. I just checked your blog on the off chance you might have posted again!

    As it happens I do have some spare jeans and I'm trying to work out what to use them for as they're not fit to pass on to a charity shop.

    How long will the Cowboy be gone for? I hope it's not for too long!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)