Wednesday, March 31, 2010

How Dare You!

"How dare you be so prideful that you say you know God gave you eternal life?" a non-believer challenged me years ago. "Who are you to say what God does or doesn't do? Some Christian you are."

Little me, having never been challenged about my faith before, stumbled around in shock for a suitable answer, which was cause for more challenge and ridicule by the non-believer. So how dare I make such a statement and not even be able to back it up? This person was looking for proof and was delighted when I had none. Well, now I do.

*brandishes the Sword of the Spirit, freshly charged with the Word*

How dare I believe and say I know that I have eternal life through Jesus Christ? Rather, how dare I disbelieve it! To disbelieve God's promise of eternal life is to call Him a liar.

I happened across 1 John 5:11-13, and the response I SHOULD have given came together like cement.

11. "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son."
12. "He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."
13. "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

There's your proof. "...that ye may KNOW that ye have ETERNAL LIFE..."

So, my beloved brothers and sisters, go out into the world to witness and be sure of your faith! Look these verses up and underline them in your Bibles (especially those of you that I'm tagging who are going on mission trips in the next few months).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Cora! It was so good to read this before I start my job at the nursing home--as I'm sure I'll get asked about such things--being the "Different" kind of girl that I am. (I wear dresses/skirts all the time and the director of nursing said that it should be ok to continue doing so at work, but I imagine that it will seem odd to some of the workers there!)

    May our lights shine brightly for God!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)