Tuesday, March 2, 2010

This is Who I Am

I was sitting here with my bowl of grits, deciding what to blog about. I've met two new friends in the past day (Anna and Cora Beth), and I realized that they didn't follow The Punmaster's Palace when I blogged over there.

So a little more about me. I say I'm the 6th of 7 boys. A little humor there. I have three brothers, but throughout my life, young men have lived with us and become like brothers to me. Having almost solely male companionship my entire life has given me an odd outlook on life. How many other girls do you know who think a heartfelt, romantic gift is a new shotgun?

I'm engaged to a man I've known for a little over a year, and that is a story that people either find fascinating or creepy when they hear it. It's a little long, so I'll not write about it here. I call him the Cowboy.

I do work outside the home, by request of my parents. I look forward to one day being a stay-at-home mother. I was homeschooled from day 1 until 10th grade (then started college). I want to continue that winning streak when I have munchkins. :-P Fortunately, the Cowboy also has those dreams (though he was public schooled from day 1 and had a full-time employed mother).

By request of my father, I do not wear skirts, save on special occasions. Because of my code of modesty, I actually wear men's clothing. If you'd like me to elaborate, I can. :)

I'm a college graduate now, and live with my peeps (immediate family and grandparents) on a farm. Grandpa raises cows, I keep two milk goats and two barncats, and the rest of my family have a worthless mutt (not a dog person, here) and a cat who is known as the Blimp. If you saw him, you'd understand. We have a huge garden and feed nearly everyone in my valley.

I love Star Wars, hate Jane Austen, love brussels sprouts, and hate bananas.

And that is me. Well... a little. I didn't even mention costumry, tatting, knife collecting, sewing, writing, knitting, gaming (yes, I'm a gamer! I got to level 10 in Tetris! Wow, that was epic... Maybe I'm not a gamer), weaving, sniper movies, dyeing cloth, and... um... yeah. There's a lot in my head.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you hate Jane Austen *sniffle*. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who calls every dog a mutt (albeit in secret).

    Maybe for your next post you could elaborate on your creepy fascinating love story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really enjoy hearing your elaboration on how you view modesty. I am a (16 year old) christian, and I wear both skirts and pants, jeans most of the time.... however, hearing people talk about only wearing skirts and hearing valid, biblical reasons makes me wonder if I should stop wearing pants. haha, that sounds funny. Anyways, I would (really, really) love to hear a bible based view on why to wear pants. Thanks a bunch!!!!

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)