Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Behold, What Manner of Love!

As I was having adventures in the sewing room this morning, I got to thinking about "the manner of love the Father has given unto us," and I began to list them. My list is by no means complete, so feel free to comment with more!

The love of the Father for us:

As a father loves his child.
As a brother loves his sibling.
As a master loves his faithful servant.
As a devoted servant loves his master. (for our Lord came not to be served, but to serve)
He loves us as His bride.
Also as His greatest creation.


Then I thought of a favorite song "He's Everything to Me." As I thought about this list, I realized... We are everything to HIM.  As the Cowboy would say, "It really humbles you to think about it."

2 comments:

  1. Very true!

    Yes, I am that same Eyebright, and I do believe I remember who you are too! The word punmaster clued me in. ;)

    I'm so glad you found me because I have missed hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did say at one time that I was going to quit blogging, but I just love it so much that I can't give it up! I am not a consistent blogger, but I like it to be there if I want.

    That is so awesome that you are engaged! It is a little weird to think that I am old enough to have friends who are getting married, even online friends that I have never met! Anyway, congratulations!

    I am living with two roommates, and having a blast remodeling their home. I am also becoming a Pampered Chef Consultant! This is my first real job, so it's VERY exciting!

    Have a very bright, cheerful day!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)