Friday, August 13, 2010

My 101st post!

Wow! 101 posts on this blog so far!

Well, last night it was finished. I fought against the sewing machine and won! Yaaaaaaay! Last night, I folded up the sleeves and hem of my original series Star Trek Science Officer's uniform and sewed them up. The machine is evil and hates me (seriously! It loves Mom and hates me.), so it refused to pick up the bobbin thread most of the time. I couldn't tell you how many times I had to stop and re-sew. I was continually doing the frog stitch (rip-it! rip-it! rip-it!). Roar. But 'tis done. And I made a little Star Fleet insignia out of felt, shiny gold fabric, and a Sharpie. Very professional, I know.

Oh, the muffins are done! ...And one looks like the leaning tower of Pisa. Or Mt. Rainier. :-/

*ahem* Anyway, as I was saying, I got the outfit all done and put on a mannequin to admire the work. And I, um, put pants on said mannequin. I love Star Trek and all, but those original series "mini dresses"! :-O Quite shocking!

And when my parents return from Hawaii with the camera (Tonight! They'll be home at midnight!), I might take pictures for all of you people out here in blogland. And for those of you waiting to see pictures of my very cool staff (or walking stick, but a staff is cooler), I will take pictures of it.


In other news, my Shibori dyed tichel that I posted about brought home a "Best of Class" rosette and a cool prize from the fair. Woo! I did enter some other projects, but I'll leave those for a later post.


Also a helpful tip: If your alarm clock does not seem to wake you up on time, check to make sure you set it to AM instead of PM. Tomorrow maybe I'll be on time... :-/

~Cora

2 comments:

  1. your Shibori dyed tichel was an excellent piece of clothing - loved it - even my hubby was impressed - said something like - ah there's the person to teach you how to sew! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)