Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Dear Mother and the Meaning of Life

The meaning of life is not 42. It's very far from 42. My dear mother is convinced that we exist for no purpose other than cleaning the kitchen. How we came to discover this:

Cora: "Where should I put the Weck?"
Dear Mother: "You can clear off the counter over there... Actually, it might help to clean the whole kitchen first!"
Cora: "You ALWAYS think cleaning the kitchen helps. If I was going to do a sewing project in the basement, you'd tell me that it would help to clean the kitchen first!"
Dear Mother: "Well... it would! You're not going to escape from cleaning the kitchen. When you're 80, you'll still be cleaning the kitchen!"
Cora: "Douglas Adams was wrong, then. The meaning of life is NOT 42! It's cleaning the kitchen!"

 I did get the dishwasher unloaded, reloaded, counters cleared... and then commenced baking... So it really doesn't look like I cleaned at all. Guess what I have to go do now!

Embrace the cleaning of the kitchen. It IS your destiny.

:-/

3 comments:

  1. LOL. I may yet blog about this - Mr Music got new pants the other day for his piano recital. In the pocket, a tag "Inspected by 42" All is well in the world.

    and thank you for the link so I did not have to say what the heck is a weck?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did the exact same thing the other day! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes *sigh* this is so true. My mother says I am going to be doing dishes all my life! We have 7 dishwashers in our home but they all do not work on the dishes every day. For the most part just two of them do most of the dishes around here. Their name's are Grace and Hannah. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)