Saturday, April 24, 2010

We're a'doin' this a-gain.

Yesterday, I said to myself, "Self! I want to make a snackie that only I will eat so my peeps will leave it alone." So I made something that my family has, in the past, lovingly referred to as "Whole wheat hard tack." Oil, water, WW flour, a little honey, and salt. I mixed it up. I kneaded it up. Then I baked it up.

And then The Lego Maniac ate it up.

...What? AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Nothing is safe around a teenage boy.

So today, I said to myself, "Self! The darling brother is probably sick of it now. It is my chance!" So I ground up the flour and commenced baking.

The little bro just looked up from the computer and said, "Hey, are you making more of that stuff?" Cora: "Um... yes?" Darling brother: "I have to work this afternoon, so make sure there's enough for me to take some with for snackage!"

...What?

*sigh* Hopeless. It's hopeless.

5 comments:

  1. Your Whole Wheat Hard Tack sounds just like the recipe we have for making Matzah--a very tasty Jewish "Snack"--in most of our opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that if you make something with fruit that is not strawberry they wont eat it... ??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like what happens here. We don't have a regular oven, so I have to bake not so very often in our wonderful clay oven. One evening I made really yummy muffins and I wanted to serve them to the family for breakfast the next morning. I made two dozen. When I went to bed there was a little less than what I made ( those went to somebody's mouth) but enough for breakfast still. Then when I awoke the next morning there was only two left. I wonder where they went? I have three brothers. And they got up before me.:(
    I ate one of the muffins, because I thought I should before it disappeared down the same holes that the others went. I went out to do my barn chores when I came back the last one was gone. It was disappointing. But at least they made it to good places and were enjoyed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. I mean, Miss Dance. Miss Language does not call herself "Self," at least not as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, no. Miss Language talks to herself just the same way. I am beginning to wonder if you really belong here with the Bananalets.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)