Monday, April 26, 2010

There's a Snake in My Boot!

Once upon a time
 (about an hour ago)
I pulled up to the gas station
To fill up my truck's tummy.

I stepped out of the truck
(right down into a puddle)
And thought, "My lands!
Methinks a snake has made a home
Inside my tire tread!

The hiss was loud - too loud
(and angry, seems to me.)
I bent down to the awful noise
And found the wretched beast.

Shiny was the awful thing,
(small and silver, too.)
It sat there hissing up at me
And I a mite confused.

For it was no snake inside my tire
(instead, a giant screw)
Embedded in the rubber
And naught there could I do!

I called up my dear papa
(he can fix these things, I know!)
He said to bring it home
For I was not far away.

So I took my poor C-3PO
(that is my lil' truck's name)
Back toward my house,
But on the way...

My eldest brother'd come
(to follow me)
and see me safely home.


Big thanks to my brother, Mighty Mike! :-)

On a side note, the bats in the barn are very much alive and well. :-/

1 comment:

  1. What a a fun poem :)
    Thanks for your comment. I hope you stop by and say 'hi' on my blog soon. I'm sorry I have not commented before this, I have been a lurker on your blog ;) I know that's kind of mean because I DON'T like when people do that to me :)
    Anyway here is my blog address:

    http://hannahoftheheights.blogspot.com

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)