Friday, July 16, 2010

Irony is a Beautiful Thing

I love a good case of irony. I saw two of them yesterday.

My brother and I were half-watching the baseball game, and during the commercials (ick), we were switching to the food network. The show on food network was on desserts at Disneyland. They talked about the thousands of pounds of flour, sugar, and chocolate that went into making these desserts year after year. They showed us lots of happy children eating the desserts. And then it was time for a commercial break. Guess what the lead-off commercial was.Yeah, the Weight Watchers program.

That caused much discussion/laughter between us, and we didn't end up going back to the baseball game.

So a few commercials later, there was a lady who announced that she'd lost so much weight by eating more whole grain food! The commercial was for Cheerios or some other cereal. At the end of the commercial, it said, "And be sure to try our new chocolate flavored whole grain Cheerios!" *headdesk* Yes, eat whole grains filled with extra sugar, chocolate, and probably unnatural flavorings! That will make you lose weight!

*sigh* *headdesk again*

2 comments:

  1. Yeesh. Some smart people creating those ads. I think watching that show about Disney desserts would have made me queasy! I'm kind of anti-sugar. =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! Chocolate cheerios sound good to me.

    and I am glad to see you are in teatime. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)