Thursday, July 22, 2010

So, Yeah... I'm a Geek

I counted up my collection:
42 Star Wars books
19 Star Trek books
9+ Other Sci/Fi books

I have just this tiny soft spot for Sci/Fi. Mom got me a dozen more books at a garage sale a few days ago. It was glorious! The most exciting ones? Two books from the X-Wing Series! I've wanted them for so long, and yet I've never found them. No longer. Mwahahahahaha! *evilchuckle*

If anyone wants, I can let you all know if it was good or not. 30 pages in, and it's pretty good. :-) But, then... it has Wedge Antilles in it. How can anything with Capt. Antilles be bad? (y'all can forget that I used to call myself Jadra Antilles during Star Wars themed "Make-Believe"...)




In case anyone out there cares, I also (in addition to the prequels) don't acknowledge the existence of ANY book after Luke Skywalker married Mara Jade. Roar. Never happened. And Jacen didn't turn bad. And Tahiri didn't turn bad. And Zekk didn't turn bad. Etc. So, essentially, I love Star Wars, but only select portions. As it should be. The rest I will take out back with the ol'shotgun and dispatch post haste.

Lego Star Wars for X-Box rocks.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, I am a Trekkie purist. Tonight we watched Shore Leave on fliiby. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)