Monday, July 19, 2010

Returned With Victories, Discoveries, and Various Insanities

First: Victory

Dress rehearsal on Saturday of one scene from the movie was SO TOTALLY AWESOME! I'd been given 3 hours by the directors to have all of Rosie's makeup done, but it ended up taking only an hour and a half. On set, I was personal assistant to Rosie's actress and touched up makeup and costume between takes. When/If I get pictures, you bet there will be some posted here! Masha (the actress) is a sweet young woman from Ukraine, and I look forward to getting to know her better. She is quite feminine in appearance, but I swear she's tough as nails. Quite inspirational! :-)

Next: Discovery

You can spend an eternity (at least it felt like it) picking two grocery bags full of peas and then shelling them... and end up with a measly 5 1/2 cups of peas to freeze for winter. Oy. This'll be a long harvest with me putting up food all by my lonesome...

Finally: Various Insanities

I'm writing a new book. Woo! *tries not to be overwhelmed* This is actually going to be a retelling of an old, old legend (which was made up a year or two ago by a friend of mine). He's written the whole story, but in narrative paragraphs. My job is to take that story come alive.

We'll see what happens. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)