Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pray for me tomorrow? Please?

I'm just a little, teeny, tiny bit terrified of tomorrow when my mouth gets surgery (no, not to have it sewn shut, as my brothers would like). And they're taking all of my wisdom! Wisdom teeth, that is.

Funny how they came to be named wisdom teeth. Apparently it's because they appear when someone becomes an adult and (theoretically) wise. Some people I was talking to said that they thought wisdom teeth were a sort of insurance plan - if a person did not have good dental care and their teeth fell out, they had a few extra to grow in. They attributed it to evolution, but I think it has something to do with a Creator who planned ahead.

So my insurance plan is being removed tomorrow morning.

*nibbles fingernails*

1 comment:

  1. You are not alone, my friend... I just visited another friend, Miss Jen (http://blessedfemina.blogspot.com/) and she just had her wisdom teeth removed and wrote about it today and mentioned a few of her friends who just had it done too!

    I'll be praying for you.
    Cora Beth~

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)