Thursday, May 27, 2010

This Report Just In

Movie filming for the "history" of the band Rosie and the Posers is being re-started in July.

I am very excited, because 1. the project was about to be shut down due to it turning into more than just a Saturday-afternoon-shoot-don't-sweat-it movie, and 2. they still want me to be on the crew!

My job is to do what's called moulage. If you are faint of heart/stomach, don't google that word. Essentially what it is: fake cuts, bruises, abrasions, etc. I also do it for the Fire Department for their drills.

For Rosie and the Posers, the main character is starving to death, as the city-raised-widow-turned-farmer's house burned down, she has no one around to help her, and it's the middle of winter in the 1800s. I have to make her look a little yellow, with some shadow under the cheekbones to make her cheeks look a little sunken. Then she trips and falls, getting some scrapes and bruises on her face and hands. So that's what I will be designing and applying.

It's about the closest I come to doing art. ;-)

So when I mention Rosie or "the movie," you now know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)