Monday, May 3, 2010

Update on Mighty Mike

My brother, Mighty Mike, had a bad concussion on April 4th. He is back almost to normal. He went to see a neurosomebody for a check-up, and they said he should have been MUCH worse off. It's my personal belief that it was because we had literally hundreds of people on their knees praying for him all that afternoon/night.

He has no sense of smell and very little sense of taste (basic sweet, sour, and bitter). The neurosomebody said that it will probably never come back. The bad side: he will never know if there are any bad chemicals in the air until it burns his throat and he won't be able to tell if food is bad. The good side: he'll eat his veggies because he can't taste them.

Please pray he heals completely! I love my brother so much (even though he hides in dark corners to jump out and scare me like he did ten minutes ago! Grr!) and I want him to be all better.

1 comment:

  1. wow... losing your sense of taste... that's nasty. Praying here.

    But I want to say, mainly, I am impressed by anyone calling her brother "almost... normal." I have two brothers and those words have never worked into the same sentence except accompanied by strong negatives.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)