Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: Reasons I Quit Facebook

I deleted my facebook two weeks ago. 13 reasons why:

1. I didn't like knowing what everyone was up to.
2. I didn't like everyone knowing what I was up to.
3. Blogging is way more fun.
4. Too many pictures of me online.
5. Lots of private information revealed by accident.
6. It was awkward knowing what all The Cowboy's friends were doing before he did.
7. If people really want to know what I'm up to, they can make an effort to ask.
8. Drama
      9. Relationship drama
     10. Drama around things people say
            11. It's too easy to shoot your mouth off on facebook.
12. I got to where I didn't have the attention span for anything longer than a status update.
13. Lots of inappropriate material.

What's your Thursday Thirteen?

8 comments:

  1. What kills me about facebook is that I ask those who post pictures of me to take them down, and they won't! I have no control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reasons! Yeah, I don't think facebook is a good thing. I have never had a good feeling about it ever since I heard of it.
    And yes, I agree, blogging is way more fun!
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have a Facebook, but I agree that blogging is way more fun. Very few people from my everyday life have my Facebook - I use it mostly for online chums.
    But you are right about the relationship drama - yesterday I read an article from a Brit publication that said Facebook is mentioned in 1 out of 5 divorce cases - seems folks are looking up their high school sweethearts.
    Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. I keep debating whether or not to delete mine. Most people's status updates are dumb and/or they enrage me with their ignorant political statements. I never update my status anyway, and I'm with you... blogging is WAY more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy Facebook, but I'm careful about who I friend, what I post and I almost never post pictures (and NEVER of my young daughter).

    If it wasn't for FB, I wouldn't stay in touch with my extended family as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a FB junkie, but I agree with most of your points. The potential for drama is always there. My delete finger is pretty fast though, lol and I make every attempt to "screen" my FB friends . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can we say farmville, and be a fan of this thing, and that thing. And do I really care if you are just pulling into your driveway, or what you are about to make for dinner. seriously. But it is the easiest way to share kid pics with lots of out of town family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i sooo agree with you! I deleted mine about 6 weeks ago .. i ranted about it on my old blog site at wait4thenews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)