Saturday, May 8, 2010

Daniel's Feast

For the entire month of June, I will be hosting an event. Family-friendly -- in fact, I strongly encourage whole families to attend! It popped into my head as I was reading Daniel 1 a few days ago. He asked to not be fed the king's dainties [food] to keep himself from being defiled. That gave me this idea, and I am calling it Daniel's Feast, for he was stronger and healthier than the others at the end. For the month of June, I am putting away "dainties" of a different sort. I will be:

*Putting away all books and reading only the Bible (I'm making a small allowance made for the books I'm writing, and if you have books for school/work, of course you may study them!)
*Giving time every day for prayer. Remember the persecuted Church! Our brothers and sisters risk their lives daily to follow Christ - Never forget them!
*Not listening to/singing any music that isn't a sweet savour to God
*Not watching secular movies.

If you live a lifestyle where you already live the things in the above list, don't feel left out! Join us as a prayer warrior and encourager! Remember - One of the greatest blessings is coming alongside and helping others.

After 10 days, we (I? We?) will analyze what happened during the fast from secular life and see if any improvements can be made. Post about what you read! Post your prayer requests and praises! Use your blog to draw us closer into the Word! Don't have a blog? Leave me a comment saying how you're doing!

Daniel's Feast isn't something someone "big and important" decided to do... just little ol' me...

Anyone with little ol' me?

If you are, how 'bout you post about it on your blog so we can get more people on board. This could be lots of fun and full of encouragement! It will also strengthen the family of God over the world as we lift up the persecuted Church.

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of Daniels Feast, I will be sharing it with my family and see what they want to do.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)