Friday, May 21, 2010

Thursday Thirteen: Songs that I love

 A day late, but whatev'... ;-) I thought it'd be fun.

And this is a game! Guess-the-title by the pictures! A little hint: Most of these are old hymns and the picture corresponds to either the title or the first line of a verse. And the great part is, if you're wrong in your guess, you may remind me of songs I love and haven't listened to in a long time! So guess away, because we both win!

1.

2.

3.

4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.

Aaaaaaaand, I'm going to stop at 11. Whew! That was a lot of picture searching. Go ahead! Guess away!

6 comments:

  1. Oh fun idea! Mind If I do it on my blog too sometime?

    1. ~A Mighty Fortress is Our God~
    2. There's a Fountain Free
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    7. He's got the whole world in his hands
    8. There's a mighty river flowing (I'm not sure if this is a song most people know about, so I'm kind of thinking I might have not guessed this right.)
    9.
    10. The Old Rugged Cross
    11.

    The ones I left blank are ones I am not sure of :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are my guesses:
    1.A Mighty Fortress Is Our God
    2.There's A Fountain Free
    3. Morning Has Broken
    4. Crown Him With Many Crowns
    5. All Creatures Of Our God And King
    6. Faith is the Victory
    7. He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
    8. Like A River Glorious
    9. My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less
    10. The Old rugged Cross
    11. How Firm A Foundation.

    That was fun!
    ~Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting post. I didn't have any idea of these songs. I am very disappointed to myself.gosh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, what a smart sister have I :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm hoping 6 is When A Knight Won His Spurs which was a favourite hymn when I was at school. And 10 is The Old Rugged Cross.
    Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Rosemary,

    Since I can't reply on your blog, I'll reply here. :) You were correct with The Old Rugged Cross, but I have never heard of When A Knight Won His Spurs! I will go look it up right now!

    ~Cora

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Go ahead! :)